Stalked by the Stork...a diary of raising twelve kids

Having twelve children is an amazing blessing and one heck of a crazy ride. Join us through all the joys, smiles, tribulations and trials as we navigate this fabulous journey!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Pop Tarts, Chex, and Peanut Butter M&M's

Okay, well....we made it successfully to the WIC appointment this morning but...and its a big but...getting there was he**. I still have the flu, although I felt better this morning than yesterday and Isaiah is still not feeling up to par so we were pretty slow in getting ready. Everything seemed to take forever...the babies took forever to eat breakfast...Sydney took forever to finish her morning bottle and of course Brice was hyper and quite uncooperative. Albert was late to work again. I swear to God, if he's late one more time, he's going to get fired... anyhoo, we were running late to say the least. By the time I dressed Brice, cleaned up the breakfast mess, dressed the twins and dressed Sydney and threw a pair of jeans and an old tee-shirt on myself (didn't even get time to jump in the shower) and throw my hair in a ponytail it was already 9:30. Our appointment time was 10:00 and it takes about 25 minutes to get there and get parked. Not so good. I dash out the door to start loading up the van and lovely....the Christmas tree we just bought at K-mart for next season is still lying all over the van. We bought the display b/c it was only $25 and a really nice 7 1/2 foot tree, the catch being that they didn't have a box for it. So we bought it, thrilled with our thrifty deal and loaded it branch by branch into the van. Well, this translated into me UNLOADING it branch by branch into the house. I cursed my husband for forgetting to take it out. I then called him at work and struggled NOT to curse him aloud for forgetting to take it out. I then made the requisite four trips out to the van to load babies...1 for Brice...1 for Isaiah...1 for Alexandria...1 for Sydney and the diaper bag. As I load Brice he informs me that he has just pooped his diaper and sure enough, the smell rising up from his pants confirms his statement. I tell him, he'll just have to stink until we get to WIC because I don't have time for a change. I get into the van and start the ignition...and realize...I have forgotten to brush my teeth. I jump out of the van and dashed in the house to brush them while Brice is yelling "I Stink...I stink!!!" in the backseat.
We get to WIC about 15 minutes late. Fortunately they don't make me re-schedule. But they do give me a ton of paperwork to fill out. Paperwork. Surely they see that I have 4 kids under 3 years old with of which is strapped to my chest in a sling! I change Brice's diaper in the bathroom while he happily chants "I go poop in my diaper...I go poop in my diaper!" over and over again. Later during the appointment the WIC nurse informs me that we are scheduled for an hour and a half appointment. Great. I had thought it was a simple recertification and thus had not brought snacks or sippy cups. The appointment rapidly deteriorated from there. Sydney screamed for the first half until I was able to make her a bottle. Alexandria screamed for the second half. Finally Isaiah started smacking her to make her be quiet. Brice dove under the nurses' desk and jumbled up her computer wires. He then fished in the trash can and pulled out an old wad of bubble gum and some used latex gloves while the nurse was questioning me about post partum depression and asking such questions as "Does life ever seem to overwhelm you?" "Do you feel you can't keep up with motherhood?" "Do you have thoughts of harming yourself or others?" to which I would have loved to answer "Only my husband who left the christmas tree in the van!"
Finally the appointment ended after the nurse informed me that I was iron deficient (I've been that way my whole life!) and gave me 34554 papers on iron rich food (papers that she promptly stuffed into my diaper bag and I will later promptly stuff in my garbage can!)
I came home, fed the kids a nutritious lunch of poptarts, chex cereal and peanut butter m&m's, changed diapers and laid everyone down for naps!
In good news, the pediatrician's office called and was able to get authorization for the Tami-flu for us so in a few hours we can go back to the pharmacy and pick it up. Albert was able to install the electrical wiring in the garage of the old house and now only has to finish the floor so he should be home at a decent hour tonight. Well, I'm off to cook dinner now, while babies are napping.


BoufMom9 said...

Hey! Hope you like the slideshow I put together for you here! Also, I couldn't get the picture site to link right. I think you need a password for it or you need to make the pics available without a password.
Also, I LOVE reading your blog. I feel like you are reading my mind. LOL

Randy, Tonya, Jayden, Marisol & Flynn said...

I love the nutritious lunch you fed them ... you crack me up. I'm so glad you are giving blogspot a go.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
voyeur porn porn movies sex videos hd porno video